Saturday, February 20, 2010

Almost......

It is almost here.  In less than 24 hours we will have our big awards banquet and we will receive the award we aimed for this past ride season. As I watch a bit of the Olympics, I look at the faces of the competitors, and know a bit about the thoughts they have as they get read to compete, or afterwards waiting for scores, or later, as those who won, stand up there waiting for the awards presentation. I'd guess many have pictured standing on that podium receiving a metal for doing well. As I drove across the country to all the rides, I know many times I thought ahead towards February in Reno. Thinking about the awards, and the acknowledgment. Wondering if I had the horse, and the ability to reach our goal.


And now as I sit here in the Reno hotel room, I look BACK at all the rides, the experiences of the season. And I know after tomorrow night, I will have another memory of the award presentation itself.  I'm excited, and still SO nervous! My mind has been in a blur much of the weekend, so I can only imagine how tomorrow will be.  Maybe I'll go shop in the trade show to take my mind off if it for part of the day. lol

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Good luck on your speech today! I just got a chance to open the latest issue of Modern Arabian Horse and saw a photo and said "That looks like Jonni and Hank!" Then realized it was you! Congrats again - you guys deserve it!!

AareneX said...

Buy something shiny and purple at the trade show, Jonni--that always helps me to relax!