Monday, September 1, 2008

Take me home part 2

afternoon
I have his stall all prepped and ready for his arrival, and we head down to get him late afternoon. He is out grazing with one of the assistances when we arrive. We take him inside so I can see how the bandage is to be changed. They had stitched a cloth on at the incision to absorb any of the first drainage that might happen, and to put some pressure for the first few days along it. That is removed, and I am shown how to rewrap him, paying attention to not let the bandage be too far back where he might urinate on it. I get a big box of supplies and drugs The vet kisses him on his nose, and goes out to the parking lot with us. I have hubby take him so I can get a photo of him leaving the hospital. He is VERY anxious to get in the trailer! We load him up, and head home. Needless to say, he was very excited to get home, and the other horses greeted him. I'm sure he told them all about his experience.




No comments: